The Parenting Collection is located in the Youth Services department, and it contains materials useful to parents and also caregivers and educators. Materials cover a broad range of topics, such as death, divorce, homeschooling, healthy eating, discipline and activities for kids. Also included in this section are books on specific concerns, such as dyslexia, Asperger’s syndrome, anxiety, autism and sleep.
The Parenting Collection has been made possible through a generous grant from the Winnie Belle Learned Fund, which was established by Dr. Burnett Rawson in honor of Vermont educator Winnie Belle Learned.
Helpful Online Resources & Links
Department for Children and Families
Food & Nutrition
- 3SquaresVT (food stamps in Vermont): http://dcf.vermont.gov/esd/3SquaresVT
- Eat for Health: http://healthvermont.gov/eatforhealth/index.aspx
- Vermont Food Help: http://www.vermontfoodhelp.com
- Vermont Foodbank: http://www.vtfoodbank.org
- WIC in Vermont: http://healthvermont.gov/wic
- Green Mountain Care: http://www.greenmountaincare.org
- Vermont Coalition of Clinics for the Uninsured: http://www.vccu.net
- Protect Kids from Sexual Abuse: http://protectkids.vt.gov
- Vermont Network against Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault: http://www.vtnetwork.org
Referral to Resources
- Vermont 211: http://www.211.org 2-1-1 staff can help refer you to government programs, community-based organizations, support groups, and other local resources. A local call from anywhere in Vermont, service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Live translation services for 170 languages.