Reserve an E-Bike!
The Ilsley Public Library partners with Frog Hollow Bikes, Local Motion, and Middlebury Safe Routes to loan out three e-bikes. E-bikes have an electric assist that helps riders get around with less effort and scale hills that previously seemed impossible. For the 2022 season, e-bikes are available to borrow from May 10 through October 27.
- E-bikes are borrowed for a period of three days (Tuesday – Thursday or Friday – Monday).
- Each individual may borrow an e-bike up to one Tuesday-Thursday period per month, and one Friday-Monday period per season.
- Individuals must submit a waiver to Frog Hollow Bikes.
- E-bikes must be ridden away from the shop or transported by a truck or trailer.
- E-bikes must be returned fully charged.
- Individuals must have a library card to borrow an e-bike. Middlebury residents and students in ACSD are eligible for free cards. *Non-residents that require financial assistance in purchasing a library card should ask a librarian about the Friends Assistance Program.
How to Borrow an E-Bike
- To reserve, visit the library's main desk or call the library at (802) 388-4098. A library staff member can let you know which dates are available and reserve a, e-bike for you.
- Fill out the waiver and bring it to Frog Hollow Bikes. You can get a copy of the waiver at the library; download and print it at home; or get a copy at Frog Hollow Bikes. The waiver must be signed and submitted before you may checkout your bike.
- Pickup your e-bike at Frog Hollow Bikes (74 Main Street). You must be prepared to either ride the bike home or have a truck or trailer to transport it; these bikes are too large to fit in a car or vehicle bike rack.
- Return your e-bike to Frog Hollow Bikes on Thursday or Friday, as appropriate to your loan period, fully charged.